- Victims of Biofuel: Nicaraguan Communities Affected by IFC-Funded Ethanol Plant File Complaint, 1 April 2008 press release by the Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL): "Over 700 community members and ex-sugarcane workers from the Pacific coast of Nicaragua filed a complaint yesterday with the International Finance Corporation for injuries to their health and environment caused by the operations of Nicaragua Sugar Estates Limited (NSEL). NSEL received a $55 million loan from the IFC in 2006 to increase its sugarcane production and to fund the construction of an ethanol plant. The complaint (PDF file)...presents evidence that NSEL activities violated these standards."
- Centro Nacional de Despacho de Carga
- Empresa Nacional de Transmisión Eléctrica S.A
- Instituto Nicaragüense de Energía
- Ministro de Energía y Minas
|Latin America and the Caribbean||edit|
Regional institutions: Inter-American Development Bank (IDB Biofuels Sustainability Scorecard) | International Ethanol Commission
| Africa | Asia | Europe | Latin America and the Caribbean | Middle East | North America | Oceania & Pacific |
See also: International cooperation | International organizations
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?