|The BioenergyWiki is no longer being actively updated -- but we welcome new content.|
You can create a new user account by following the instructions available at the Login page.
This page lists information about patents relating to biofuel technology.
- PROCESS FOR PRODUCTION OF LIGNIN FUEL, ETHYL ALCOHOL, CELLULOSE, SILICA/SILICATES, AND CELLULOSE DERIVATIES FROM PLANT BIOMASS
- Patent Number: 5,735,916
- Date of Patent: Apr. 7, 1998
- Company: Colusa Biomass Energy Corporation
- ABSTRACT: This invention relates to a series of treatments, both physical and chemical, to plant biomass resulting in the production of ethanol, lignin, and a high protein animal feed supplement. In plants having a high silica content, a fourth product is obtained, silica/caustic oxide (silicates solution, waterglass.) Both 5-Carbon and 6-Carbon sugars are fermented to ethanol using an existing closed-loop fermentation system employing a genetically engineered thermophylic bacteria developed by Agrol, Ltd. The lignin and absolute ethanol are mixed producing a high-energy fuel.
- Process for producing ethanol
- Patent Number: 6,509,180
- Date of Patent: September 14, 2000
- Company: ZeaChem Inc.
- ABSTRACT: A process for producing ethanol including a combination of biochemical and synthetic conversions results in high yield ethanol production with concurrent production of high value coproducts. An acetic acid intermediate is produced from carbohydrates, such as com, using enzymatic milling and fermentation steps, followed by conversion of the acetic acid into ethanol using esterification and hydrogenation reactions. Coproducts can include corn oil, and high protein animal feed containing the biomass produced in the fermentation.
|Bioenergy conversion technologies||edit|
| Technologies categorized by bioenergy processes:|
Biochemical: Aerobic, Anaerobic, Landfill gas collection (LFG), Biodiesel production, Ethanol production
Technologies by commercialization status:
Analysis of technologies: Life-cycle analysis