Investment in biofuels
|The BioenergyWiki is no longer being actively updated -- but we welcome new content.|
You can create a new user account by following the instructions available at the Login page.
Investment in the biofuel sector is growing rapidly. There is a great deal of investment in research by government organizations. Private investment increased by almost 700% between 2005 and 2006 according to a study in Business Week. 
- 30-31 March 2011, Johannesburg, South Africa: BioEnergy World Africa 2011. (Themes: biofuels, biogas, investment, markets)
- 20-24 June 2011, Manila, Philippines: Asia Clean Energy Forum 2011. (Themes: investment, markets, policies, technology)
- 3-6 March 2009, Kuala Lumpur, , Malaysia: Global Sustainable Feedstock, Biofuel and Biochemical Summit 2009 organized by Neoedge Singapore (Themes: food security, cellulosic ethanol, finance, investment)
- 4-6 March 2009, Maputo, Mozambique: Powering Africa: The Biofuels Options (Themes: Africa, investment, policy)
- 23-25 January 2008, Miami, Florida, United States: Biomass Finance & Investment Summit (Themes: biomass, finance)
- 24 January 2008, Miami: Energy Business Forum - Biofuels in the Americas: Technology, Investment, and the Path Forward (Themes: biofuels, international cooperation, investment, Latin America and the Caribbean, trade)
- USDA lists bioenergy program awardees, many are biodiesel plants, 24 January 2011 by Biodiesel Magazine/USDA: "Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced new investments in 33 states to support the production and usage of advanced biofuels."
- Sustainability Must Guide New Rules on Biofuels, New Paper Finds, 15 April 2008 by ENN: "The long-term sustainability of the fast-moving global biofuel market will depend on changes to international trade and investment rules that govern energy, environment, agriculture and rural development, according to a new paper (PDF file)" by IATP and IIED.
- The Biofuel Myths - 10 July 2007, from the International Herald Tribune, discusses many of the issues of biofuels and among them the fast rise of investment in the industry, an 800% increase over the last three years.
- Investment in Biofuel up 670% - 16 February 2007, Business Week, reports that investment in biofuels rose from 110.5 to 740 million between 2005 and 2006.
|Investment in biofuels | Subsidies | Trade|
|Types of bioenergy||edit|
Gases: Biopropane | Biogas | Synthetic natural gas | Syngas
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?