- Don’t wait to produce renewable energy sustainably, urges IUCN, 21 January 2009 by IUCN.
- "A hands-on guide to producing bioenergy without harming the environment was launched today by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) to coincide with the World Future Energy summit in Abu Dhabi."
- "Biofuels are on the agenda of the Summit, the largest meeting of the renewable energy industry this year. IUCN’s publication, Implementing Sustainable Bioenergy Production: a compilation of tools and approaches (PDF file), urges governments, bioenergy producers and investors to learn from the environmental community and to start implementing sustainable approaches for bioenergy production."
- Put biodiversity at centre of climate debate, says new experts survey (IUCN press release) 10 December 2007 finds that experts believe that "bio-fuels produced from food crops like corn have the least potential of 18 technologies for reducing carbon emissions over the next 25 years."
- More information at: Climate Decision Maker SurveyLaunch (PDF file)
- 25 October 2010, Nagoya, Japan: Engaging the CBD to build on existng biofuel sustainability initiatives. (Themes: biodiversity, biofuels, international cooperation, IUCN, Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels, sustainability)
- 5-14 October 2008, Barcelona, Spain: World Conservation Congress. (Themes: environment, sustainability)
|Nongovernmental organizations (NGOs)||edit|
| United States NGOs|
| Companies | Industry organizations | International organizations | Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) | Research organizations|
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?