Books and Periodicals
This page lists and links to books and periodicals that deal with bioenergy.
- Bioenergy Development: Issues and Impacts for Poverty and Natural Resource Management, by Elizabeth Cushion, Adrian Whiteman and Gerhard Dieterle. Published by the World Bank.
- World in Transition – Future Bioenergy and Sustainable Land Use report from the German Advisory Council on Global Change , which can be downloaded as a pdf
- The Little REDD+ Book: An updated guide to governmental and non-governmental proposals for reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation (PDF file) - 2009 publication by the Global Canopy Programme Oxford, (UK) on REDD+ (REDD Plus), the REDD framework, governmental and non-governmental REDD proposal summaries, and current research on the scope, distribution and financing of REDD. 
- The Natural Fix? The Role of Ecosystems in Climate Mitigation, A UNEP Rapid Response Assessment (PDF). Trumper, K., et al. June 2009. United Nations Environment Programme, UNEPWCMC, Cambridge, UK. (ISBN: 978-82-7701-057-1).
- Forest Management Solutions for Mitigating Climate Change in the United States. (2009, Society of American Foresters, Bethesda, Maryland, USA). PDF copy of the Malmsheimer et al. publication (ISBN: 978-0-939970-96-4).
- A High Growth Strategy for Ethanol (2006, Aspen Institute, USA)
- Biofuels for Transportation (2006, Worldwatch Institute)
- A Biomass Future for the North American Great Plains - Toward Sustainable Land Use and Mitigation of Greenhouse Warming, Norman J. Rosenberg, 2007 (ISBN: 978-1-4020-5600-0).
- From the publisher's website: "This book explores the possibility that the ecology and economy of the [Great Plains of North America] (and similar regions) would benefit from the introduction of perennial biomass crops." This "would partially restore a perennial vegetative cover and create new employment opportunities.
- Biofuels for Transport - Global Potential and Implications for Energy and Agriculture (By The Worldwatch Institute. To be published April 2007)
- Biodiesel 2020: A Global Market Survey (Published October 2006.)
- Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining Bi-monthly review journal, with business analysis and news content online and in print.
- Set of articles on GHG-intensity of corn-ethanol published during 2009 in the Journal of Industrial Ecology
- Special Issue of the Journal of Cleaner Production on International Trade in Biofuels - Table of Contents (PDF)
- Enagri - "Enagri is the FREE online magazine and website covering all aspects of Energy Agriculture and Bioenergy, as well as all aspects of energy use in Agriculture, Horticulture and Rural Environments."
- Global Change Biology Bioenergy - "GCB Bioenergy exists to promote understanding of the interface between biological sciences and the production of fuels directly from plants, algae and waste."
- Renewable Energy World - "the leading international publication for renewable energy professionals." (bi-monthly)
- Biodiesel Magazine (bi-monthly)
- Ethanol Producer Magazine (EPM, monthly)
- The EPM website provides a database of biofuels plants in the United States and Canada
- BCO Newsletter (Bioenergy, Climate Change, and Oil Reduction); (EESI, bimonthly)
- Renewables Global Status Report (REN21, annually)
| Books and Periodicals | Position papers | Reports | |
Scientific papers | Websites
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?