- Bolivia investing in biofuels, but with a special twist - 12 October 2007: According to autoblog green, Miguel Daboub, a member of the Bolivian biofuel industry, has claimed that half of the country can grow sugarcane for ethanol, and the other half oilseeds for biodiesel.
- A Call for a Reality Check on Biofuel - 11 September 2007: Discussion of the issues confronting the production of biofuels with a particular focus on South America.
- Bolivia, Brazil Leaders Clash on Biofuels Issue - 2 July 2007: According to Planetark, Bolivian president Evo Morales responded to a pro-biofuels speech by Brazilian president Lula da Silva by saying that the conversion of food into fuel was sinister. In the speech he noted the rising prices of basic food staples due to biofuel production.
- Brazil to install plant for Bolivian Biodiesel - 15 February 2007, According to Agencia Brasil Bolivian feedstocks will be used to make biodiesel using technologies developed in Brazil.
- Ministerio de Hidrocarburos y Energía
- Superintendencia de Hidrocarburos
- Superintendencia de Electricidad
- Cámara Boliviana de Hidrocarburos
- Centro de Información en Energías Renovables (Centre for information on renewable energies)
- Biofuels for Bolivia (PDF file) - Non-profit report on the potential for biofuels in Bolivia.
|Latin America and the Caribbean||edit|
Regional institutions: Inter-American Development Bank (IDB Biofuels Sustainability Scorecard) | International Ethanol Commission
| Africa | Asia | Europe | Latin America and the Caribbean | Middle East | North America | Oceania & Pacific |
See also: International cooperation | International organizations
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?