This page provides announcements related to bioenergy -- e.g., grants, fellowships, job opportunities, calls for proposals, comment solicitations, etc. -- arranged by deadline (imminent deadlines at the top).
- Feedback requested on principles and criteria for sustainable biofuels production: "Version Zero" is the draft of the "Global principles and criteria for sustainable biofuels production" issued 13 August 2008 by the Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels. This version of the draft principles will form the basis of a six-month period of wide-ranging stakeholder comment in preparation for the release of the first official standards in early 2009.
- Call for Papers by The Bioenergy Association of Finland - Bioenergy 2009 Conference to include topics such as climate change, bioenergy markets and business, combustion and boiler systems. A complete list of topics and submission details can be found on the conference website: http://www.bioenergy2009.finbioenergy.fi/default.asp?SivuID=24767
- Deadline to send an abstract: February 15, 2009.
- IDB launches interactive Biofuels Sustainability Scorecard 9 September 2008 press release by the IADB. The Inter-American Development Bank released an interactive tool known as the Biofuels Sustainability Scorecard on September 9th, during the 4th Annual Western Hemisphere Energy Security and Cooperation Forum, held at IDB's headquarters in Washington DC. and as part of a comprehensive effort to ensure that biofuel investments produce social, economic and environmental benefits. The Scorecard addresses 23 key environmental and social issues such as food security, greenhouse gas emissions, water management, land use change, biodiversity or poverty reduction.
- The IDB is inviting comments and suggestions regarding the Scorecard, which is available at www.iadb.org/secci, during a six month public consultation period that ends in March 2009.
- CBD Invites Submissions on Experiences on Tools Relevant to the Sustainable Production and Use of Biofuels, 6 August 2008 by Climate-L.org: "The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) has invited submissions regarding experiences in the development and application of tools relevant to the sustainable production and use of biofuels, as well as relevant information from research on, and monitoring of, the positive and negative impacts of the production and use of biofuels on biodiversity and related socioeconomic aspects, including those related to indigenous and local communities."
- Recruiting for the position of Head of the RSB Secretariat (PDF file) - Applications are being accepted for the position of Head of the Secretariat of the Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels, located in Lausanne, Switzerland. Applications are due 24 April 2009.
- EUBIONET III project opens questionnaire on how to secure sustainability of bioenergy The EU-funded EUBIONET III project is currently looking for your comments. We would like to know the opinion from all European stakeholders, especially industry, on how you think the sustainability of bioenergy can best be secured. Your input will greatly aid us. Our questionnaire takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and can be found here. We would be very grateful if you could complete the enclosed survey. The consultation closes on May 1, 2009.
- More information on this project can be found by clicking here
2008 December 2008
- Call for Papers by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Elsevier -- Biofuels in Asia. For "a Special Supplementary issue to be published in the international journal, Applied Energy" to include topics such as national development targets, strategies and policies, technologies and impacts on biodiversity, land use and water resources. Via online electronic submission at the website: http://ees.elsevier.com/apen/
- Topic summaries due: December 15, 2008.
- Final papers due: January 15, 2009
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?