Types of Aerobic Technologies
The main type of aerobic energy conversion is:
There are four main technologies for composting:
Feedstocks for Composting
- Practically any organic waste
- Pretreatment: sorting
- Qualifications: A separation between organic an contaminants is necessary
Products of composting include:
- Intermediate products
- Main Products (Final products)
(May be useful in a greenhouse environment or for heating)
Advantages of Composting
- Process and convert waste organic materials into organic fertilizers containing the nutrients and minerals that were in the original waste.
- Fully commercialized worldwide. Wide range of technologies.
Sustainability and Environmental Concerns
- Fully sustainable because organic matter is being recycled, improving overall environment.
- Improves social quality through simple processes available to homeowners and farmers alike. Reduces need for chemical fertilizers. Can be low cost.
This information was developed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, in cooperation with the Biomass Coordinating Council of the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE).
|Bioenergy conversion technologies||edit|
| Technologies categorized by bioenergy processes:|
Biochemical: Aerobic, Anaerobic, Landfill gas collection (LFG), Biodiesel production, Ethanol production
Technologies by commercialization status:
Analysis of technologies: Life-cycle analysis
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?